A conversation ensued between two parents and their kids at different places at the same time. Lets hear them
Washington
White Son: Dad, will I be rich and respected when I grow up?
White Dad: If only you learn well at school, read wide, contribute to your society‘s development and live a responsible life. My boy, this is difficult to achieve but hey, ‘Yes, you can’.
the Son smiled and walked away to read his books.
Accra
Black Son: Dad, will I be rich and respected when I grow up?
Black Dad: Hey, if youu don’t leave here with your nonsense, I will give you a dirty slap, foolish boy. Is it respect you eat when you wake up? Have you taught of how to get money for your fees come next week?
The boy just walked out of the house and sat with friends under a mango tree across the dusty road.
Which among these boys is likely to do well in life, all things being equal?
Indeed, some must run the race of life for their parents before starting theirs.
Ey3 ensem pii, the black heritage, and we all soo proud of it... instead of learning the good we copy the worst from our white friends. i choose to copy the right and do away with the worst.
ReplyDelete